Property change of use

Plans for proposed change of use in Bridlington, East Yorkshire & the surrounding area

We can provide detailed drawings of your property to help you when changing the official use of the building.

Common types of 'change of use' are:

Planning applications for change of use

Planning permission will normally be required for changes of use. When we undertake our meeting/survey of your property we'll tell you whether we believe planning permission will be required for your proposed change of use, and what that will entail.

Planning applications usually take 8 weeks consideration from the Local Authority before they issue their notice of decision.

Building regulations approval for change of use

You will usually also require Building Control approval for your change of use works. We can prepare detailed plans and structural calculations to ensure that your change of use scheme complies with the Building Regulations.

Building Control Officers will inspect your change of use works in progress and will issue a certificate upon completion to confirm that the works have been completed in compliance with the regulations.

We work closely with a local Building Control company to ensure our detailed change of use drawings are in compliance with the current Building Regulations and our technicians stay up to date on the latest changes to the regulations.

Email us to discuss your proposed change of use or telephone 01262 228 183

We prepare plans for change of use in our surrounding area including: